Thursday 30 August 2012

On The Printing Press

So, its all go! Last Wednesday I flew to Amsterdam to head over to my printers Robstolk in central Amsterdam. I was collected by Jacqueline at the airport and we arrived in the early morning to a wealth of printing activity. The black and white plates for the interior book sheets had already been on and all the material was waiting my approval on palettes. 

After the final approval of the text pieces, the full colour plates where put onto the printing press and sticker production started! It was an incredible day, working with the printers to colour balance all the pieces and see the printing press in action - what an amazing machine. 

The images above are just a little insight into what the printing press looked like and the stunning objects that were positioned around the studio, that I just had to record. I have made a small film about the entire process, which I will upload as soon as it has been finalised.

Until then, the books arrive in 2 days time with 13,200 stickers to stick into each! I will update you as soon as they have arrived.


2 comments:

  1. Press is looking busy, printing custom stickers ?? or anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed custom stickers, 13,200 of them!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive