Monday 30 May 2011

Contacts

As the months fly by, I continue with my project "Little gifts" and realised that I have been making much imagery but haven't really been sharing or showing anyone. The image above is one of the 11 contact sheets that I have from shooting the objects that remain. These contacts have become more interesting than the individual shots on the film of roll as they document a repetitiveness, an obsessiveness of photographing the same objects time and time again, trying to get that perfect shot, when what it is I am looking for is lost. I feel this documented process is something very revealing and should be shown in its basic form. I still need to finalise this part of the project but there is something very powerful about photography being seen as a way to think, to grieve and to process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive