Thursday 28 April 2011

Archiving & Ordering

As I continue to make my new body of work, new things are being archived and ordered into the series. As the process continues and the grief changes so to does the work. Now one year on, I feel that these receipts should be photographed and added to the collection/ archive of objects. They span nearly seven months and represent much talking and analysis of the circumstances surrounding my grief. Each one is numbered and dated and of which I have twenty-three of them.

As the series evolves I am beginning to see this process as an ever-growing archive, of which an appendix seems the most appropriate form of cataloguing all the objects. Each one feels like it needs numbering and ultimately closing and putting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive