Friday 18 March 2011

Anna Fox - Cockroach Diary

Last week I visited the Bonington Gallery at Nottingham Trent University to see the Anna Fox exhibition, while I was up there doing some teaching. I had already seen much of the work but found some new found inspiration from the Cockroach diary and one other piece, that I hadn't seen before which was brilliant, a collection of emails and CMYK proofs all catalogued into glassed tables; beautiful.

Above is a section from the Cockroach diary and details a very personal account of what was found, organised but even more interestingly an insight into the lives and dysfunctional relationships of the people in the house. This got me thinking about my new project "Little Gifts" and how important it was/is to incorporate text into this body of work. So I have been putting together new pieces of text, in an automatic style, images to follow shortly.

Image copyright Anna Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive